Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sundance Tortilla Soup

This recipe is one I got from Ashley, but she hasn't shared it so I guess I will. It is one of my favorites because it is so dang fast and easy!


2 soup size cans broth (I just use water and put in a boulion cube)
1 large can tomatoes (blended)
1 bag frozen corn

Put on low heat on stove.

chop & add to soup:
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 red onion (or sometimes I use yellow)
1/2 jalapeno (sometimes I just skip this)
1 tsp cumin (I've never used it before, but today's the first)

Salt & pepper to taste. Add 1/2 cup chopped cilantro about 10 min before serving (I don't think I've ever measured it). Garnish with cheese, chips, avacado slices, lime wedges, and sour cream. (Now, in my opinion the garnished is where it's at!)

(Also, I always just add everything to a crock pot and put in on low throughout the day or high if I want it now.) As I have just demonstrated this recipe is VERY forgiving on what you add, leave out, or improvise. It's definitely a must try!

2 comments:

coryshay said...

this looks fantastic!

Jami said...

I love this recipe. It's making my cheeks juice up just thinking about it! So flavorful.