Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quinoa Tabbouleh

In our quest to eat more healthy, quinoa really stands out as a boost for our tastebuds. It is healthy, low in calories, high in protein, and really tasty. I noticed this recipe awhile back in a magazine and had decided to try it last sunday. It really was a hit with everyone. I should also mention quinoa has a low glycemic level and is gluten free. We had Kelly Ridley with us for dinner on sunday and she has to eat gluten free, so that was a bonus. I wish I had taken a picture before we ate this, it was really pretty. Also, there was nothing left at the end to photograph! I didn't have cucumbers so I steamed asperagus and chopped into bite size instead. I should'nt be saying I in all of this since Angelee and I did this together. Quinoa tabbouleh (recipe by Laura Kelsch) 1/2 cup quinoa 1/2 tsp. kosher salt 1/8 tsp. pepper 1 clove of garlic, minced 2 tbs. each extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice 1 bunch curly parsley, chopped 1 small tomato, chopped 1 cup chopped English cucumber 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese Cook quinoa according to package directons. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly. Mix remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl. Add quinoa and stir gently to combine. Per 3/4cup serving: 177 calories, 5 G Protien, 10 G Fat

1 comment:

Tyson and Chelsea said...

Thank you for this recipe! More healthy recipes please :)