Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crock Pot Green Chili Burros

I timed myself and it took exactly 9 minutes from start to finish--and only because I had to cut fat off of my roast and chop the onion. Otherwise it would have taken 5 minutes to find the ingredients. Delicious and fast and easy. What more can a person want?

Ingredients
2 lb. rump roast
1 cup chopped onion
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 Tbs. oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 (10 oz) can green chilies, diced
1 (15.5 oz) can tomato sauce

Tortilla shells
Sour Cream

Directions
1) Layer all ingredients besides tortillas and sour cream, meat first, in crock pot.
2) Cook on low for 8-10 hours
3) Do not stir for the first 5 hours (at least)
4) Shred meat after 7 hours
5) Serve on flour or corn tortillas. Top with sour cream, if desired.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

This looks to die for and right up my alley. Thanks!

Brandi said...

Hey, I made this for some friends and they were all AMAZED and wanted your recipe. You're famous!